• remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
• remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
• analysing how you use the website to improve the way it works for you, to make sure that you find what you’re looking for easily, and to ensure it meets your needs.
• monitoring the efficiency of our advertising
What cookies we use and how we use them
Measuring website usage
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it is meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do things better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your name or address so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are set by Google Analytics:
How to manage cookies
If you continue with your visit to this site, you consent to the use of our cookies. Alternatively, you have options to manage the cookies that you want to accept from this site which we have detailed below.
Browser settings: Most browsers can be altered to prevent your computer from accepting cookies, although this may mean that some of the features of this site (and other sites) will not work properly and may restrict your user experience.
These settings will typically be found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
• Cookie settings in Firefox
• Cookie settings in Chrome
Turn off anonymous Google Analytics cookies: You can install a Google Analytics browser "plug in" to prevent the website sending information about your visit to Google Analytics. More information about this can be found below.
• Google Analytics & Privacy
Third Party Cookies
We sometimes use external suppliers to deliver services on our behalf, which means these cookies may be set by a third party (third-party cookies). We do not control these cookies so if you would like more information about them or information on how to opt out, please see their individual Privacy and/or Cookies Policy.
Other useful links
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their wider use, you may find the following links of interest:
• Microsoft Cookies guide
• All About Cookies